If you are planning to Resaw on the band saw without gadgets, then you are advised to use those types of blades which don’t have in excess of 4 teeth on per inch basis. Reading band saw reviews and find the best band saw which including the features that supports resawing. Following the below steps:
- The very first thing which you need to do is to draw 2 separate lines on the surface of the board, which would be used as reference points while cutting it into 3 equally measured thick boards. This is a very important step and you need to make sure that it is done with proper precision.
- While you are drawing a line, you need not have any additional or extra gadgets like a fine ruler or a straight edge. All you need to do is to use a pencil and use the board’s edge as the guide while you are drawing a straight line. While drawing a line make sure that you have placed the board on an even surface, else it might cause the lines to get disturbed.
- After you have drawn the lines you need to turn the band saw on and then cut the board suing your freehand following the lines without taking help of any other devices or fences. You need to maintain a steady and slow motion while the board is being passed into the blade. While cutting the board, try and keep your hands as steady as possible, it can be a bit difficult if you are doing it for the first time.
- Once you have successfully cut all 3 pieces, you need to run the joiner over the middle portion as there are no flat sides attached to it. This step would be necessary if you are planning to Resaw your board. Make sure that the 3 pieces which have been cut are of equal dimensions and are evenly cut.
- It is very important that you made sure that all the pieces come with smooth surfaces and are equal in terms of their thickness. In order to achieve this, you can run them into the planner for a couple of times until you get an even thickness along with smooth surfaces. It is very important to ensure that the surfaces are smooth and they are equal in terms of their thickness. You need to be proportionate terms of the size of these pieces.
- You might need to do some last moment sanding in order to make it smoother, though you can do this after completion of the project as well. Make sure to do the sanding as it helps to keep the pieces smoother.
- If you use additional gadgets, you would be able to accomplish your task more quickly and easily; however, with this procedure, you would not need any of those fancy gadgets and it would save a lot of your money.
These are some of the steps which you can follow Resaw on the band saw without using any sort of gadgets.